Tuesday, April 17, 2012

White Night in Shining Armor


Yes please! I stumbled across the new White Nights jewelry collection by Eliza Kozurno for Spring/Summer 2012. I am SO glad I did. I'm definitely falling in love with unusual jewelry and though the collection does have some of the more typical pieces, earrings, necklaces, etc., I love her more unconventional pieces more than anything.

Don't get me wrong, there are some favorites I have those "norm" categories, especially these fantastic beauties:

 

Aren't they amazing? Okay, so they aren't so "norm." But they are still technically bracelets and as anyone who knows me knows... I don't do bracelets. I don't even do watches for that matter. But these would be hard for me to pass up.

But back to the unconventional pieces. I've found myself loving the snippets of metal on fair fabric lately. I had my first taste with the uber-sensational Alexander McQueen collection. It caught my eye and had my head spinning for quite a while. It's shocking, yet feminine, yet strong and formidable in such a queenly way (no pun intended!). Oh, those belts! I was soooo drawn to them, and as daring and groundbreaking as the dresses are, it was the belts that tortured me the most.  

And then Stephane-Rolland started calling. The divine use of gold upon green really made me love green a bit more than I ever have, and I am a huge sucker for white, especially gold on white. But most of these dresses wouldn't be as stunning without their unconventional jewelry pieces. I want to collect all of them and put them in a museum exhibit.


But Eliza's White Nights are much more useful, in my opinion. They are all statement pieces, but you could wear them during the day in Santa Fe or at the Ritz in NYC at night. A smart stylist could throw them together with jeans and or have them land their client a precious mention on the red carpet. The versatility is endless. And that takes brilliance.

Thank you, Ms. Eliza. 
You make me think of a 2012 Ms. Bennet*, 
and I mean that in a very very good way.

See more of Eliza at www.elizakozurno.com

xoxo,
Katherine
*Ms. Eliza Bennet was the heroine of Pride and Prejudice. She was a sparkling wonder of wit, beauty and observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...