Wednesday, April 18, 2012

'Sweet Qi' in Armani Prive


Armani Prive strikes again. When I think of Armani Prive, my head immediately fill with Anne Hathaway's 2009 Academy Awards triumph. But Shu Qi at the 2012 Hong Kong Film Awards might have just changed all that.

Could anyone possibly make this gown look more glorious? What a perfect pick. I am so sorry this gem of a moment wasn't state-side, but Hong Kong was lucky. It's a brilliant fashion moment. 

The red lipstick is perfect, the hair highlights the dark details in the bodice and the green could not look more complimentary on her skin. It doesn't happen very often at all, but I think the "red carpet" moment blew the original "runway" moment out of the water.


And may I just say... I swear Armani ripped of one of the most tantalizing pieces of art in nature with this dress. The Kiwi fruit. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has trouble eating a Kiwi because it's just that beautiful.  Every time I slice into one, no matter what angle, no matter where in the delicate fruit, I'm always blown away by its power. There is no such thing as a "bad" Kiwi. The Kiwi, as every Hollywood Diva wishes, never had a bad side.


Thank you Armani. Thank you Shu Qi. Thank you Hong Kong Film Awards!

xoxo,
Katherine

And much thanks RFCA for guiding me to this true treasure!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...