Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shades of Grey: Dior Hits Shanghai


Christian Dior put on quite a show in Shanghai this April.
I'm getting to know Dior, and this straight up statement just might be a staple in my Dior collection. Dior does crisp and clean in a way that really resonates with me sometimes and I'm often surprised at how delighted I am by their creations once in a while. And this is outstanding. I. Sigh.

The angles, the blocking, the shades of gray (I'm sure the book is just a coincidence!) making this the softest gunmetal / sparkling / raining-to-mist creation a classic for me. Every time I feast my eyes on it, I'm caught up in the skirt. Dang. That is one heck of a ball gown, if you could even call it that. And the bow and sheer top... it's all just perfection to me.

There were some other conservative classic cut inspirations I found myself enchanted in a fresh and young way by too...


This kind of cut normally turns me off- it's stiff and constricting- but the skirt changes the entire look. Its energetic and the uneven lines just expand the energy, the spirt, the youth.  I love it. It makes me want to skip, in a very ladylike way of course. And though I'd never call myself a Jackie O kinda girl... well...  I do own nearly every version of oversized dark sunglasses...

Hmmm.... would that be lovely!

xoxo,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...